Pages

Thursday 25 July 2013

I feel like Bridget Jones, well kinda...

Tomorrow I go on my first "mini-break" with T!  I'm so very excited.  We are not going to some grand manor however, we are heading north to Cumbria and the Lake District where we shall go camping! 

Looking at my stacks of stuff on my bed, as I decide what to pack into my backpack, it looks vastly different from what Bridget would have packed.  Even though we are going with a car and it shall be fairly easy camping, it is still a great stack of practical gear.  It is the first time I have really camped since 2008!  I am so very excited.  I am realising how little I can remember about camping though, so it's probably a good thing it's going to be the easy version with shops within driving distance.  Hopefully this will be the first of many such trips to the more wild and beautiful parts of the country.

Borrowed from this site http://www.visitcumbria.com/pen/ullswater-steamers/

I've never been to the Lake District before, but I have wanted to go for YEARS.  Did you see the film Miss Potter?  That was filmed up there, maybe I'll spot Peter Rabbit sneaking off with someone's salad.

Wishing you all a most wonderful weekend, keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't rain on us the whole 4 days we're up there!

Bis bald.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment